Saturday, May 9, 2009

A Mother's day message from Matthew



Matthew doesn't always like to say "I love you" out loud, so instead he just holds up 3 fingers.
3 fingers for 1)I 2)Love 3)you.
I love it.
The other day Matthew and Mitchell came into Caleb's room where I was rocking him.
Matthew had his arm around Mitchell, and they were both holding little purple flowers they had picked in the yard. The conversation went like this:

Matthew: "Go ahead Mitchell, hug Mommy and say I love you"
Mitchell: (hands me his flower and hugs my neck with both arms)
"I wuv you momeeeee!"
Matthew: "Good job Mitchie!" Then he gave me a flower, a lightning speed hug and ran out of the room.

Could the message be more clear?
I don't think so.

I love you, too Matty!

3 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

That is SO sweet. I LOVE those special moments.

arianne said...

What a cutey.

Becky said...

Such a sweet little boy. I'm glad that you are journaling these precious moments of life.