Caleb is going to have a wish granted by the "Make a Wish" Foundation! We are so excited! The foundation contacted me a few days ago to see if we'd be willing to be the featured family for an upcoming "Family Fun Run" in our area since Caleb will be getting a wish granted soon! The Fun Run is being sponsored by local schools in conjunction with Utah Family Month in November, and all of the money gathered goes directly to the foundation!The "Make a Wish" foundation grants wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions. It has been a wonderful experience to work with a foundation that focuses on creating magic for children like Caleb and their families! You can check out their website here to learn more about them!
Here is the information for the Family Fun Run:
Family Fun Run
Saturday, November 7th at Orem Elementary
9:00 Registration, Warm up, Meet Make-A-Wish child (That's US!)
10:00 Run Begins
1 Mile/5k Run/Walk
$5.00 by October 29th includes T-shirt
$7.00 after October 29th does not include T-shirt
There will be refreshments and prizes afterwards!
If you are interested in participating, just let me know and I'll e mail you the registration form. If you return them to me with your $5 registration fee I'm happy to turn them in for you!
8 comments:
I seriously want to come down there just to do that. What a special thing. I'll have to think through my calendar...
Caleb is a ROCK STAR! I'm SO excited for you guys...I hope a lot of people show up. :)
April-
I came across your blog today through Derek's. I have a good friend who has a son very similar to Caleb. Do you mind if I give her the link to his blog.
Beth (Bishop) Will
besswbishop@hotmail.com
Joy, I accidentally deleted your comment OOPS!! I'd love to e mail you the form, can you send me your e mail address again?
Sure do wish we could be there. That is so neat! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures!
Oh, I want to come so bad. What wish are they going to grant you?
I so wish I lived there so I could come support your family! How wonderful!
Just had a thought...will you email me the registration and we can at least support the cause anyway even though we can't be there to run? katie@artichokeink.com
Love ya April!
Post a Comment