Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tractor Time


I have the best family.
It's not just because many of them showed up on their labor day holiday to help us get our yard ready for hydro s
eed.
It's not just because my brother jumped in our window wells to clean out the trash and debris that had blown in.
It's not just because my dad drove his vintage tractor with the harrow attached to make our dirt as soft as baking powder.
It's just because that's the kind of people they are.
I am so lucky.



My Dad is one in a million. He has 10 children, a busy church calling and a full time job, yet he always finds ways to show us that we're important to him.

I hope the smile he had on his face means he loves putting on his farmer hat and finding an excuse to drive his trusty tractor :)

Especially if it's for his favorite Oldest daughter, right Dad?
xo

6 comments:

Tara Bennett said...

So happy you have such a loving and supportive family. It sure explains why you are the way you are!!!

Jenn said...

Cool! My father-in-law had a tractor and drove it across town to help us get rid of the desert weeds when we sold our house in CA. Dads are awesome like that, and so are tractors :)

The Kings said...

wow!! 9 siblings!! That's amazing. You DO have an awesome Dad!

Becky said...

April, you DO have such an amazing family...and your parents? I just LOVE them. Your dad had a big smile on his face because he was helping his oldest favorite daughter! :) (no worries, I'm my dad's favorite too!) hahaha

Jo Jo said...

I'm one of those favorite oldest daughters myself. I'd like to think my Dad would love to drive his tractor for me as well.

katie and co. said...

My Dad has that SAME TRACTOR! How funny is that! So fun to catch up on your blog. We are crazy around here but needed to peak in on my peeps! xoxo