Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Meet Mozzarella

Matthew has been asking for a kitty for a year, and I kept putting him off thinking he would move on or change his mind. Finally at the beginning of the summer, he told me, "Mom, I just really need something to love..." How do I say no to that? So on the top of our Summer Bucket List we wrote "get a cat." 
We went to a home nearby that had a litter of kittens in their bushes and Matthew picked one out. He brought her home and named her Mozzarella because she is the "color of cheese."  We call her "Ella."
I am not a cat person. In fact I thought they were sneaky and mischievous. 
I was right. 
But, she is also just what my boys needed. 
 They adore her. 
 What started out as a venture to get an outdoor cat has turned into an adventure of clawed furniture and curtains.
 But when I check on my boys at night and see her curled up next to them 
It's totally worth it.





3 comments:

arianne said...

Those pictures made me smile. Matthew is such a sweetheart.

Emily said...

So glad Matthew got his kitty! (even if it's been a headache for mom) I truly believe kiddos need something to love and nurture.

You still want to come to Ed Week for a day? Let me know! It'd be fun to see you again.

shirlgirl said...

Kitties are so cute. I adopted a one and a half year-old tuxedo cat and I just love her. She has made a big difference in my life--loves sitting in my lap and also waking me up in the morning for her breakfast. Her name is Annabelle. I thought Matthew's name for his new kitty was wonderful and she is adorable! Thanks for sharing, and glad that your boys are loving her.