Thursday, December 30, 2010

A Christmas Eve birthday

Dallan's birthday is on Christmas Eve.
A Christmas Eve birthday is perfect for him because he is made of Christmas Spirit!
He is Merry and Bright- a right jolly old elf who has always loved Christmas.

I loved our first Christmas together.
He insisted on a real tree in our little basement apartment.
He made a fireplace and Mantle with poster paper and boxes where we hung our first stockings.

Dallan is a person who carries the spirit of Christmas with him all year long.
He never has a cross word to say to anyone.
He notices the lonely.
He puts the needs of others before himself.
He loves with out condition.
He is humble.
His testimony of the Savior shines from his eyes.
He quietly serves
He is a peaceful and happy soul.

What a gift he is to me.
Happy birthday Dallan. 


I love that I get share an eternity of Christmas birthdays with you.

4 comments:

shirlgirl said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Dallan. My Mom's was the 23rd. Her birth was never recorded as far as we know because the town of Durham, NH could never find it. We told her she was born in the barn and that's why her birth was never recorded. She grew up on a farm. May you have many many happy birthdays. You and April are certainly wonderful gifts to each other as are your beautiful children. You are a beautiful family, and I love your Christmas picture which April sent to me. Maybe some day I'll get to Utah and can meet all of your family.

Becky said...

I feel lucky that I have experienced a lot of those qualities you speak of. I just love that husband of yours and I love that he so willingly shares you with me when I call or come out to visit. Happy Birthday Dallan!!!

Jo Jo said...

Sweet thoughts to obviously a sweet husband. What a gift to his mother long ago! Best Christmas present ever.

Alanna said...

Happy Birthday Dallan, belated!
Our first Christmas tree was made of green dish towels that we taped on the wall. There just wasn't room! I can tell Dustin and Dallan come from the same breed. Dustin's so into Christmas too.