My little Mitchell just had a very merry 4 year old birthday! After he was born, he came home from the hospital in a stocking and has been a precious gift to our family ever since.
When he was given a name and a blessing, Dallan blessed him that he would be a JOY to his mother. And a JOY he is.
Mitchell lights up the room with his big brown eyes and twinkly smile. He has a delightful personality and always has a lot to say.
He loves to use his imagination and can usually be found with a cape on and a sword in hand.
He has a fascination with my "squishy arms" and loves to squeeze them whenever he can. He even has a little song he likes to sing called "I love my mommy's squishies."
Mitchell can be a tease. He likes to catch the primary chorister with her eyes open during the prayer. (don't ask me how he knows, he must have X ray vision) Whenever we go somewhere, he'll joke by saying "Mom, I forgot my shoes!! Just kidding."
Mitchell has a sweet soul. He loves the stories of Jesus and he tries hard to choose the right.
One night after he had been tucked in, he told me he was nervous to go to sleep because he was afraid the Lord might talk to him. I reassured him that usually the Lord talks to people with a peaceful feeling in their heart. That seemed to do the trick, until Dallan came walking out of Caleb's room next door. Mitchell screamed bloody murder until he realized it was Dallan. He sighed and said, "Whew Dad, I thought you were the Lord!
I feel so blessed to be the Mother to such a wonderful little boy. A Christmas time birthday is fitting for my merry little Mitchell.
I love you to pieces my Mitchie Mitch.
To read Mitchell's birthday story from Granny B visit her blog.







4 comments:
Happy Birthday, Mitch. If today was your birthday, you share it with my mother who is with our Heavenly Father. She was a wonderful mother, and I miss her very much. You have a wonderful mother, and she just loves all of you so much. You are so blessed to have such a loving family. Your birthday cake looks awesome. I just wanted to cut a piece to eat with a glass of milk. Yummy!! Sending lots of love from my house to your house. And I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that Santa is very good to all of you.
Oh he is the cutest (and funniest!) kid. Is his birthday the 22nd? The Day before Aaron's if that is the case.
Wow, another great cake! I love my four year old boy given to me in a birthday stocking as well.
He IS such a cute boy! I love your story about his bedtime worries and his mistaken vision! I'd be pretty scared too! So funny!
Post a Comment