Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Home

Caleb is home with us tonight! We spent the morning getting all of his equipment set up and his supplies organized. When everything is running, it sounds a little bit like a subway station! We picked Caleb up this afternoon and he looked so cute wearing clothes again! He always looks a little bit sicker when he's just sitting there in his diaper with wires and tubes everywhere! On the counter we found that another therapist left her name and phone number to call if we ever needed help with Caleb while we went to church. I was so touched.
Caleb did well on the car ride home and is doing well in his cozy bed. We are so happy to be all together again. One thing I am feeling tender about is his ability to be portable. Right now he really needs the humidifier and oxygen so he is quite confined to his little room. It feels like we are back to where we were when he was a new baby and didn't leave the nursery for 3 months. I know that as time goes on, we'll be able to see what Caleb is capable of, and all of his new cares will be a normal part of our routine. Life is like that. You just adapt and find joy in every day. We're all together, Caleb can breath better, and that makes me happy.

8 comments:

Becky said...

HOORAY! I'm doing a happy dance for you guys. :) Those compressors are really loud. We discovered that by running a long tubing to it, we could hide it in the closet and shut the door to it at night so that we could all sleep better. Is Caleb in your room? Ben's in ours so that's why we finally hid that thing away. It's SO loud. I so wish I lived closer. I want so much to help. I hope that your Thanksgiving is a blessed one. Most of all I'm so happy that you are together as a family. That's what counts the most. :) Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

The 5 Disney Lovers said...

So glad the little guy is home. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Love ya.
Michelle

Tanya said...

How wondeful to have Caleb home for Thanksgiving...truly a time for thanks and giving!!! Sorry I haven't called you yet. I think about you everyday. I love you tons and send wishes of joy and rest!!
cheers :)

Maxfields said...

Hooray! I'm so glad everything is working out well for your family. Caleb truly is a "Moody Miracle". I hope things continue to get better and better for you!

Ashley Dawn said...

Congrats. What a long journey. You have such a wonderful attitude and inspiring personality. I hope you realize how enlightening you are to the rest of us. Thank you for your wonderful example.

Unknown said...

Hooray for Caleb! Happy Thanksgiving!

Christensen family said...

Oh I am so glad April! I hope things continue nice and smoothly for you and your fam!

Alanna said...

Oh, I'm so happy he's back home...he always seems to do well there with those who love him so much! I hope he won't be confined for too long! Love ya, Alanna