Sunday, January 30, 2011

The 5 Dollar Trip

This past week Mitchell and I were eating lunch together at a local Mexican restaurant. The cement floor was wet and slippery, and the man in front of us had his foot propped behind him. As Mitchell and I headed to our table, he tripped over the mans foot and fell head first onto the cement. The gentleman felt so bad, but I reassured him that it wasn't his fault and that Mitchell would be fine. 
However, as we were finishing our meal, the man walked up to our table and again told Mitchell how sorry he was that he got hurt. Then he handed him a 5 dollar bill! I told him there was no need to do that, but he insisted!
Mitchell was on cloud nine, and he was especially excited when I explained that 5 dollars equaled 5 things from the dollar store! So off we went to dollar tree where Mitchell picked out 5 treasures and paid with his own money!
"This is the best day of my life!" He exclaimed!
Thank you to the kind gentleman who took a moment to care about my little boy and who absolutely made his day!

7 comments:

Alanna said...

Ahhh! I love nice people. I'll never forget the day we went to IHOP and went to pay and we're told that some stranger had paid for us on their way out... just because. So glad Mitchell had the best day of his life despite the red mark on his forehead.

Jo Jo said...

That has never happened to us, but you are one of many who have experienced truly good people

arianne said...

What a nice guy.

Jenn said...

I guess he must like spider man :)

The Kings said...

what a lovely man and how cute is he saying it was the best day of his life! :) What a cutie.

Becky said...

I love that boy! I think Junior might be jealous seeing all that fun spiderman stuff. Your dollar store seems cooler than ours. :)

Kyla said...

THere really are great people still out there! Who couldnt resist giving that cute little face $5??