Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wonder of Winter

I have been in awe of Winter the past few days. Even on the coldest of days, Heavenly Father sends surrounds us with evidence of his love!

Winter came down to our home one night
Quietly pirouetting in on silvery-toed slippers of snow,
And we, we were children once again.
~Bill Morgan, Jr.


Let us love winter, for it is the spring of genius. ~Pietro Aretino


“In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy.” William Blake


only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself. ~Ruth Stout


Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home. ~Edith Sitwell

2 comments:

Becky said...

"only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself." I LOVE this quote. I was just thinking today as I sat and watched mother nature dump a foot of snow on us how beautiful it was. So soothing and relaxing to sit by the fire, holding Ben and quietly watch the snow fall. I love moments like that.

Alanna said...

Did you take those pictures? I loved them...I really love the chain one for some reason. It really is a pretty time isn't it?